(a) access your information;
(b) correct your information; and
(c) contact us if you are concerned with how your information is being used.
1.3 NSW CPAP
In this document 'We', 'Us', 'Our' or 'the Company' refers to CPAP Warehouse Unit Trust, trading as NSW CPAP (ABN 55 604 636 231) We are the supplier of sleep apnea machines, masks and accessories.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 Your Personal Information
Personal information collected and held by us about you, may include (where applicable):
- date of birth;
- telephone numbers;
- e-mail address;
- ABN/company details;
- employment application information; and
- any other relevant information.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, including, but not limited to, delivery of our products or recommendations and advice regarding the same.
2.2 How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by telephone, electronic messages (including e-mail and SMS), in documents or otherwise through communication with us;
- directly from you, via our internet site and social media pages;
- from your agents or representatives who act on your behalf;
- from competition entry forms or at our promotional activities or sponsored events;
- from third parties we contract to collect and/or manage data on our behalf;
- from third parties who you have asked or permitted to provide your personal information (including those parties from whom you purchase goods and services);
- from marketing organisations, including through the use of purchased lists;
- from industry databases;
- from publicly available sources; and
- from law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory and regulatory bodies.
2.3 Google Analytics, Website Cookies & Social Media
We may collect personal information using various technologies, such as cookies, pixels, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, and clickstream data).
NSW CPAP may also use analytical web tools such as Google Analytics to collect visitor information for us to better understand how to improve our products and services for you.
In addition we may use Facebook or other social media to deliver targeted advertisements using either personal information provided by you or information received through analytical web tools.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide and market our products and services to you;
- communicate to you in relation to our products, services and our promotional activities;
- assist you with queries you may have;
- comply with our legal obligations;
- resolve complaints;
- monitor our performance and to help us manage our services;
- identify and contact individuals who do business with us;
- train our employees, agents and representatives;
- conduct customer and market research and analytics to improve the quality of our products and services;
- assess and process employment applications and manage employment issues; and
- handle complaints and disputes; and detect, investigating and preventing fraud.
We may contact and communicate with you either via telephone, post, facsimile, email, social media or SMS.
3.2 Direct marketing
Where we use personal information for promotional or direct marketing purposes, a person may at any time request that we not use their personal information for sending direct marketing material to that person including if you wish to opt-out of the use of certain hashed portions of your personal information. Such a request can be made by contacting us in writing at the contact details below. There is no fee for making such a request.
Direct marketing can include for example: Displaying an advertisement on a social media site that an individual is logged into using personal information, including data collected by cookies relating to websites the individual has viewed.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of the Company. These organisations may include:
- our affiliates and associated companies within Australia;
- outsourced service providers who manage services we provide to you including, but not limited to: mailing systems and direct marketing; market research; customer research; payment processors;
- government, regularity, law enforcement authorities, organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- our related bodies corporate;
- the agent(s) of any of those entities referred to above; and
- our advisors (including legal and accounting advisors).
Those entities are not authorised by us to use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them. We may also disclose personal information where you consent to us doing so. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct.
5. STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:in our computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers;
- in paper records; and/or
- in telephone recordings.
Where it has been collected from our or your agent, or our service providers, they may also hold copies of your personal information. We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. We will store your personal information in a secure environment. It is protected by a combination of physical and technological measures. We have taken all reasonable steps to carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. If you want more information about the way we manage the information we hold, please contact us as we would be happy to provide you with further information on our processes. Our contact details can be found at the end of this document.
5.2 Help us ensure we hold accurate information
We take reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to this information such as your name and address.
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access your information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons and we may charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
6. SENSITIVE INFORMATION
We do NOT actively collect or hold, nor do we need to know any sensitive (personal) information (such as personal information about your racial or ethnic origin, health information, political opinions, membership of a political association, professional or trade association or trade union, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, genetic information, biometric information or biometric templates).
7.1 How to contact us
If you wish to notify us of your new contact details, update your personal information, opt out of direct marketing, make a complaint about a breach of privacy or have any questions in relation to the accuracy of your information or privacy, please contact our Information and Privacy Officer by:
Telephone: 1300 414 190
Mail: 49 Grosvenor St, Bondi Junction, (Woollahra), NSW 2025
Website: www.nswcpap.com.au7.2 Making a complaint
If you believe that we have interfered with your privacy in our handling of your personal information, you may lodge a complaint. We will attempt to resolve your complaint in accordance with our internal complaints resolution process.